Including gender equality and diversity-promotion efforts in a project plan at its initiation helps to achieve success. Before any decisions are made, consider what the consequences will be for both men and women..
A working model has been designed as part of previous CDT projects and further developed as part of SATIN in collaboration with gender researchers.
Achieve change through practical action and reflection:
- Establishing work groups with even gender distribution, including a steering committee with various expertise from academia, the business world and organisations, ensures a diversity perspective is included in the project.
- Emphasising gender equality and diversity are incorporated in the steering group’s and work groups’ agendas, appointing a person responsible for these areas and allocating funds for the work are important ingredients in creating a gender-equal project environment within SATIN.
- Forming a gender-equality and diversity group is necessary to ensure that these perspectives have strong supported within the project.
- Achieve change through practical action and reflection
- Increase awareness through knowledge and information
- Develop and/or adopt tools and methods
- Practice by carrying out practical exercises